The Alt-Fest organisers have finally spoken. In a statement on the event’s official Facebook page, the Alt-Fest organisers have promised to make a full statement by Monday the 4th of August regarding the supposed cancellation of the festival.
“Currently we are working all hours to deal with some extremely challenging & stressful issues for Alt-Fest. We will be able to provide an official statement with full information before Monday and answer any questions you may have at that time.”
The post has been inundated with responses and mostly of the negative kind. XP8 who were booked to play are claiming they have sent the festival multiple messages without response and when they finally received a response it pretty much echoes the current statement:
“…we finally got a facebook message from the promoter, Dominic, last night.
in that he mentioned again what he told us in reply to our public comment to their only statement so far, and that he never got any of the 5 emails we sent him yesterday, and he also remarked that he doesn’t have any spam filters… guess those email…s just vanished into thin air.
anyway: he basically only told us in private what he/they told you all… to wait till they come up with an official statement.
that’s it, no further information whether the festival is cancelled or not, or any reasons why this is happening: this is the only FACT I can provide you – we don’t know anything yet.”
Interestingly the organisers still aren’t committing to saying the festival has been cancelled. Could this mean the event is simply downsizing? Are replacement shows being organised for ticket holders? Are the organisers stalling because they’re about to tell Kickstarter backers they won’t be refunded? I guess we’ll have the answers come Monday.